This Department is established during the year 1982. PG DBM was the first professional and self-financed course introduced in this college. Smt. L.R.T. College of Commerce has always taken initiative in introducing such courses. Later, MIRPM, PG DMM, and M. Phil. Vacation Course in Commerce were introduced to give the privilege of these courses to the students of this region. Prof. Dr. N.M. Shah was the founder coordinator of DBM. Prof. Dr. P.S. Ranade, Prof. M.S. Bapat , Prof. V.L. Deshpande and Prof. P.R. Saraf, Prof. Dr. S.C. Bhandari were associated as coordinators of these courses respectively. M. Phil was renamed only after Prof. V.L. Deshpande as he was the founder coordinator of the M. Phil. The lecturers of all over country had offered this course during his coordinator ship. More than 1500 teachers were benefited from this Vacation Course. This course was initially introduced in this region in the college. During academic session 2005-06 two new courses PG D. Tax. , and PG D.F.M. are added to this Department by continuous effort of the Principal and cooperation extended by Management.
Salient features of the Department are :-
- College offers admissions to the management and skill oriented programmes since last 27 years.
- It is a leading college in this case where self-financed courses are introduced first. M.Phil. (Vacation Course) is also introduced first in this region.
- Due to this Department all types of academic facilities are made available for Ph. D. Re Degree to the students. Principal Dr. S.G. Chapke, Prof. Dr. N.M. Shah, Dr. D. R. Baheti, Dr. G. G. Gondane, Dr. A. S. Ninawe, Dr. J. M. Kale, Prof. Dr. V.S. Sukhadeve, Dr. A. L. Raman, Dr M. C. Dabre, Dr. D. V. Ingle are the recognized guides of the University. A large number of students have obtained Ph. D. degree under their supervision. This is an ideal Re Centre for the students who wish to do re in Commerce.
- Eligibility to offer these courses is any graduate of any faculty for Master of Human Resource & Development, Post Graduate Diploma in Business Management, Post Graduate Diploma in Marketing Management, Post Graduate Diploma in Financial Management, Post Graduate Diploma in Taxation.
- Eligibility to offer M. Phil. (Vacation Course) in Commerce is Post Graduation in Commerce with atleast 55 % marks or its equivalent grade in the subjects comprised in the faculty concerned of the University or any other Examination recognized by the University as equivalent thereto and good academic record: Provided that candidates who are teachers in the University shall be given preference for admission to the course: Provided further that the condition of Master's Degree in the relevant subject with atleast 55% marks or its equivalent grade and good academic record may be relaxed for those who are already recognized as University or College teachers, and the conditions of atleast 55% marks at Master's Degree or its equivalent grade in the subjects comprised in the faculty concerned of the University or any other examinations thereto, shall be relaxable from 55% to 50% marks at the Master's Level for the SC / ST category candidates.
- Any eligible student who is qualified to do Ph. D. may register his name to avail the facility of guidance, and learning resources necessary for his / her thesis work by depositing fees of Rs. 5000.
Intake capacities of the programmes are as under-
- M. Phil : 80
- D.B.M : 60
- D.M.M : 60
- D.F.M : 80
- D. Tax : 80
- M.H.R.D : 60
- These courses have employment opportunities. The students of the Department are working in Private and Public Sector Organizations, on the basis of the course offered by them.
- There is a separate library / reading room facility of the department. 4679 books, 172 back volumes of the journals, 1163 copies of dissertations of the students of MIRPM and M. Phil, and 68 Video Cassettes on the various subjects of management, LCD/ Laptop, TV-Set, VCR, VCD are the learning resources available in the Department. The library is very resourceful for the re scholars and post-graduate students for preparation of the thesis and project. A Good number of students are visiting the department library.
- Qualified and experienced staff is available to teach the students of these courses of management.
- Department organizes Industrial Visits for the students every year. The students are visiting to Pune, Jalgaon, Nagpur, Mumbai, Khamgaon and local industrial factories and also service sector organizations for study purposes every year. The students have to prepare reports on such visits organized.
- Guest lectures of eminent personalities of various fields, workshops, seminars on management, etc. are organized every year.
- Management Forum of the students is constituted every year by a debate on the basis of a burning topic. President, secretary and three members are elected on the basis of their presentation. The elected members are assigned various activities to organize academic and co-curricular activities in the academic year.
- These courses are generating funds. These courses are self- financed courses. Fees charged for theses courses are very much affordable to the students of this region.
- Department organizes valedictory function and prize distribution programme every year to encourage the meritorious students by felicitating them. Prizes are awarded by the College; as well some prizes are initiated by the faculty members of the Department.
- Additional charge as Coordinator is given to a regular permanent teacher.
- Placement cell have been started in the academic year 2008-09 several company visited the college for recruitment purpose.
- Placement Broucher is publish by the dept. and sent to various companies for recruitment of the students.